Friday 19 July 2013

Analysis Of DJ Fresh - Louder (Video)

I have done some analysis into DJ Fresh's video louder which really seemed to inspire me as it also surrounds the genre of house.



I decided to choose to analyse this music video as it really inspired me. This is very similar in the way which i wish to create my video. This idea put across as a fun atmosphere and almost like a celebration, there is also emphasis on not taking life too seriously.

The music video for this song was released in May 2011. The song also debuted at number 1 in the UK charts. The director for this video was Ben Newman who is credited for his style of catching the essence of youth and contemporary culture in his videos, as you can see here.

This video was filmed as par of a sport campaign for Lucozade Lite. 

One thing i really liked about this video is the chemistry feel that it gave to audiences. I felt that it brought people together and encouraged them to go out and enjoy life. This is one of the main aims of house music, therefore this song is fitting to its genre already.

The setting of this video was something special, the beach/sea in the background helped establish some form of journey. Also the weather used to film in bought out a feel good factor and inspires you. The video also reinstates the simple factors in life - enjoying the company of friends and there isn't really a strong emphasis on wealth which would be more suited to a hip-hop song rather than house.

Another thing I liked was when the visuals seemed to slow down as the beat got quiter, the sped up as the beat dropped, i felt this was a very effective filming method that I would like to use in my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment