Saturday 14 September 2013

Search for a song

While searching for a song i came to the conclusion that it would be best to chose a song from a band or someone who was unsigned, as this would prevent any possible restrictions and allow me to be unique with the way i want to shoot my video.

 After searching many websites i figured that SoundCloud and unsigned.com were the best websites to use as this is where bands upload their music with their aim to gain recognition.

I also asked friends for advice on what song i would choose and i found this band called Pears and Till's on SoundCloud. I liked this band and studied the song 'On the Ground' as i could picture myself creating a music video for this song as it had a great tech/house sound which i liked and felt i could do something effective and vibrant with their music.


Another band I found on unsigned.com - Baby Stepz Music had a song called Feeling you, Feeling me. I liked the way this band had combined elements of house with hip-hop and R&B, this I felt really pushed boundaries and had its own sense of identity which I liked.
Another artist I liked was Jordan Morgan who made a song called Obsession, i came across this song whilst searching on SoundCloud. I particularly felt that this song was right as I felt I could create a clear plot-line. Also it had a good beat along with vocals in there which i felt would be effective.

However after some in depth research into artists I finally found the one i thought i should use, from an artist with the stage name - LarsM who had a song called criminal. I really liked this song as i could visualize different shots i would use to the beat of the music. Although there were no lyrics in this song I feel I could use it to my advantage and challenge the points made by Andrew Goodwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment